Friday, April 13, 2007

Winter in Argentina

Winter is almost here but the mosquitos haven't noticed. There's some kind of infestation in BsAs. I want to tell you so much but I can't today - it'll have to wait. Live music and new friends and motorcycle tours of the city have me off line and taking it all in.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is it me, or is the male to female ratio the opposite of NYC? There they are, on the subway looking across the car, on the street in suits with model haircuts, in Palermo on motos, in the supermarket in packs, and next to me - holding my hand. Buenos Aires boys/men are magnetic and like the wine, they have a stronger affect somehow. How will I leave? How do I choose? Oh - I don't have to. I'm just visiting.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Harrod's of London built a large impressive shop in downtown BsAs and then abandoned it when the peso plummeted in 2001. The space is too grand and expensive for any other business so far so it sits. There are concerts and events thrown in it's chandeliered halls. Last night I saw Juana Molina with my new friend Max.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: